Categories

This is Halloween....

This is Halloween
Everybody ScreamDownload (face masks)
Download (body mask)
ToothyfaceJack Skellington
Toothyface was inspired by a old horror movie cover where the face is torn so the teeth are showing, can't remember name of that old movie, his eyes are black and shiny for a nice creepy listless look. It was something really terrible any way. The teeth were the teeth in game, just made as a mask. Jack Skellington is from the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I made a minor adjustment to lessen the shadow appearance from what is shown in the screenshot. But I liked the screenie and didn't want to retake it for just a minor change. Crocodile Breath was inspired by the aliens from the movie "V" which are all green and scaly underneath their human make-up. It features alligator eyes and a scaled tongue. Sweet Transvestite is the lustrous Frank Furter of Rocky Horror Picture Show, made with a body mask for the corset. Which is sort of thrown together, not a proper mesh or anything. It's only meant to be decorative. The corset appears under glove category and you can only see it if you have no shirt on. If you have nude top enabled for all categories, it is wearable in all. This is an alternate design in the same package file as the body mask for X-Ray Masque. Which is the x-ray of a chest with a steampunk heart inside the ribcage. X-ray Masque uses stock x-rays and feature x-ray style eyes. And finally, Zombies Ate My Brains, gory mouth with grungy teeth and zombified eyes and dirty rotty skintones.

These are male only, young adult and adult. There are only two files, the face mask and the body. Each design is an alternate design in the same file. A total of six faces and two bodies. The bodies match with Sweet Transvestite and X-ray Masque. I did this so they all stay on the same row in the costume make-up category. Defaults are all set to white, but you are able to adjust for some color tinting. However, there's only one color channel, so all parts will be tinted. I'd love feedback on these for future masking endeavors. These are my first masks and would love tips and suggestions on them. Though these are final, I will not likely be making any further modifications to them. Stay tuned for "Vampire Tears" coming next.

(More previews, click the fullscreen icon for lightbox)
Crocodile BreathSweet Transvestite





Additional Credits:
  • Delphy's CTU, without which Sims 3 would be lame.
  • Hair by Aikea, from Here and Peggy 04198 Converted for TS3 by Gelydh
  • Models were all designed per costume, so are not pre-existing. They will be available to download as a household on my Sims 3 exchange page only, mostly for self promotion purposes only. Warning, Jack Skellington has a really flat small weird nose as for screenshot purposes it was best, and Croc Breath has a very bizarre facial sculpture, as I was trying to make him as reptilian as possible. But if you like them --->This is Halloween. (Apparently Zombies Atemybrains was originally based off someone else's blueprint, which I altered a bit, so it's not entirely the same, and my apologies, but I have no clue who to credit.)
Stock textures and brushes and images used:Miscellaneous credits:


6 comments:

  1. My o my, aren't they just marvellous? ;] Oh yes, I think it's great work, hope there will be more like them especially when it comes to Jack ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Yays, glad you're liking these. I was all giddy with how they came out. Was hoping they'd get a good reception. I keep looking at the screens over and over, lols. I will definitely be putting my best efforts into masks in the future. And I'm always looking for inspiration, so you're welcome to throw ideas at me.

    Though I may try to do more of my own art and texturing, rather than relying so heavily on stock. My credits list is huuuuge. Just looking up all the links and sending notes to all the stock makers, almost more work than making them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AWESOME, Gillian!
    I LOVE, love, love it! So cool!
    I'm sure people are gonna love these if MTS approve it.
    Let's wait and see.
    Great job, hon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm so happy with how they came out. Eager to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to MySims3Blog for featuring this entry in their blog! ;D

    My Sims 3 Blog: Some Costume Makeup by GillianIvy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to SuperPogimon for using my masks in his great Halloween Showcase Entries at TS3 Forums. Go give him some recs and favorites and such, he did a bang up job!

    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/115034.page#1376356

    ReplyDelete

Latest Featured Download